After two Americans were beheaded by Islamic state militants last month, United States President Barack Obama has announced new plans to take down the force and destroy ISIL. However, he his plans do not include any efforts by American troops.

Obama announces plans to fend off Islamic State Militants

Obama announces plans to fend off Islamic State Militants

A bombing campaign in the region has started a month ago and Obama has approved airstrikes over the area to gradually destroy ISIS. The decision, announced on Wednesday during a prime-time addressing to the country, has deepened military involvement in the Middle East. The statement also says that the intensity of actions by the US will be increased as they have not discontinued attacks.

He also said that he has so far avoided long term conflict. While announcing his plans to tackle the issue, he has also asked his countrymen to support him in the cause to carry out the military incursion in the area and he said that his cause will be implemented by a coalition of the European nations and Arabic countries.

He said that the US’ helping hand will also extend to the Iraqis to help them claim large parts of their land which are conquered by Syria. He said he aims to help Iraqis who have spread out on the other areas to escape the consequences of the war in the area.

“America will lead a broad coalition to roll back this terrorist threat,” said the President.  “I will not hesitate to take action against ISIL in Syria, as well as Iraq. This is a core principle of my presidency: If you threaten America, you will find no safe haven.” In addition to helping the Iraqis, he also said the Syrian troops who are fighting the extremist group also need to be helped. With these decisions, the major power of the West will have more impact on the Middle East civil war.